Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Welcome to The Secret Onion Cooking School

http://secretonion.blogspot.com/y_key_eb626e5972ffef64.html .
Welcome to my first blog entry.
Not long ago, I put up a website, http://www.Secret-Onion-Cooking-School.com the main idea that I kept reading about was something called a niche. In the beginning, you want to be all things to everyone. In the end, you have a little bit about everything, but not a lot about anything in particular. So here is my niche -learning how to cook. If you surf for cooking schools on the net, you will find some really great sites. But, you will also discover their prices are a little high. This is my attempt to teach beginning cooking and to make it fun. In the beginning, a long, long time ago, I started to cook. There were some really good meals and there were disasters. Dinners were meat, potatoes and vegetables. Sometimes, I added a salad to spice things up. Talk about a rut. Casseroles were never served. What a shame! I have since found out that there are some very good casseroles out there. Plus, they can usually be made ahead of time and then put in the oven when you come home from work. This makes life a lot easier. Basically, this blog is about comfort foods.I always thought that the macaroni and cheese that my grandmother made was really good. But I found a recipe that is much, much better. Just as a side note, everyone in my family always puts catsup on mac and cheese. I never realized that this was considered weird until my brother, Rick's, girlfriend came to dinner. She couldn't get over the fact that we used the catsup bottle pretty liberally. Of course, her favorite was an olive sandwich with mustard.
On to how to make macaroni and cheese.

No comments: