Sunday, April 22, 2007

Planting a garden

The weather has been beautiful here in Ohio. (It's about time!!!)

Next weekend, we going to plant a small vegetable garden. I have visions of beautiful tomatoes, peppers, radishes and whatever else looks good at the nursery. I wanted to plant onions, but I thought about the fact that we have 3 dogs. Onions are very bad for dogs and two of our dogs are diggers. We also want to plant a lot of herbs: sage, rosemary, parsley, cilantro, lemongrass, basil, chives and oregano. I'll let you know how it goes. If you are planning a garden, let us know what you are planting.

1 comment:

SBK said...

For several years, I was able to get some very nice small (ping-pong ball?) cooking onions that had good flavor without being weepy-strong. Now the farm market where I got them has moved out-of-county. Do you know of a good variety of small cooking onions?

(if you needed more, you just used 2 !!)